By Assemblyman Kevin Kiley – September 12, 2022
There are currently about 900 bills on Newsom’s desk. Some are non-controversial, a few are actually good, and quite a few are very bad. Of the latter variety:
- AB 2098: Censors doctors in violation of the First Amendment
- SB 1479: Makes schools do onerous COVID testing
- AB 1797: Gives government more access to the vaccine registry
- SB 1157: Imposes limit of 42 gallons of indoor water use per day
- SB 1018: Enables more pervasive social media censorship
Newsom has until September 30 to either sign or veto every bill. You can send him your thoughts here.
Last week, following my last day on the Assembly Floor, I posted a list of notable Floor Speeches someone had compiled. Here is a similar list for committee hearings:
10. Questioning San Diego’s Superintendent over the outdoor mask mandate.
9. Squaring off with Newsom’s Public Health Offier over lockdown “tiers.”
8. Presenting a bill to make crime illegal again by reversing Prop. 47.
7. Denouncing schools that segregated students based on vaccination status.
6. Questioning Newsom’s EDD Director in the hearing that likely got her ousted.
5. Trying to save the jobs of Californians with disabilities targeted by Democrats.
4. Proposing audit of homelessness spending as Newsom tried to cancel the vote.
3. Cross-examining the author of the bill to remove parent vaccine consent.
2. Killing a bill that attacked homeschooling with thousands of families in attendance.
1. Turning the tables on the Chair who tried to hijack my gas tax suspension bill.
I can’t wait to bring similar accountability to Fauci and other Biden cronies who are doing such grave damage to our country.