By Congressman-Elect – Kevin Kiley – December 29, 2022
I have to admit, I’ve been impatient this month. My term in the Assembly ended on November 30 and I don’t become a Member of Congress until January 3.
It’s been frustrating to watch as the lame-duck Congress passed the Obscene Omnibus, a $1.7-trillion, 4,155-page slap-in-the-face to Americans who voted for change. The bill even names a “Nancy Pelosi Federal Building” and creates the “Nancy Pelosi Fellowship Program.”
I’ve been using the month of December to prepare for immediate action upon being sworn in. There is so much to do to restore sanity in Washington – as always, you can just reply to this email to share with me your thoughts on what we should focus on first.
Meanwhile, the Census Bureau reports California’s population declined a third straight year. Newsom has made the greatest state in the country the most popular state to leave. But I’m as committed as ever to building our movement to save California:
- Providing oversight of Newsom and the Supermajority where there is a federal nexus or they are usurping the federal role.
- Supporting pro-freedom candidates at all levels, such as the 24 endorsed school board candidates who just won their races in Placer County alone.
- Highlighting the work of outstanding state legislators like James Gallagher, Josh Hoover, Vince Fong, and Joe Patterson.
- Promoting signature gathering for several exciting ballot initiatives for 2024.
- Broadcasting to the nation all the damage Newsom has done, so he has to think twice about causing any more.
I have high hopes for 2023. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of the holiday season, and thank you for your amazing support in 2022. Happy New Year!