By Assemblyman Kevin Kiley – May 16, 2022
The bill removing parental consent for 12-year-olds to get vaccinated has passed the Senate by a single vote. You can see the final tally here. As appalling as that is, I’m confident we’ll stop this obscene legislation in the Assembly.
Meanwhile, Gavin Newsom just announced a $300 billion budget. Twenty years ago, it was $100 billion. And everything has gotten worse.
This spectacular failure of “progressive” politics is becoming intolerable to even the most left-leaning Californians. In San Francisco, they ousted their school board members in a landslide and are about to do the same to their DA.
It’s another sign this is the year we can change things. Here a few voting recommendations:
- My Successor: My Assembly District has been split in half, so I get to endorse two successors: Joe Patterson and Josh Hoover. Both are true fighters.
- Governor: I have not yet endorsed a candidate. Leading contenders are Shawn Collins, Jenny Rae Le Roux, Brian Dahle, Anthony Trimino, Michael Shellenberger.
- State Controller: Lanhee Chen will be a fiscal watchdog to rein in the Supermajority.
- State Superintendent: Lance Christensen is running to oust an incumbent who is entirely controlled by the teachers unions.
- Other Offices: See the CA Republican Party’s endorsements and Carl DeMaio’s Reform California Voter Guide.
I’m running for the 3rd Congressional District. It covers 10 counties, but I’m grateful to have loyal supporters from every part of California.
I want to be a voice in Congress for all California conservatives and patriots. Because I know that you believe, as I do, that California is worth fighting for and America is worth saving.