1. You’re not Bill Cosby. Sexual allegations about America’s Dad make him seem more like a creepy uncle. Closer to home, sexual allegations have been lodged against local CPA and fairgounds supporter, Kevin Hartwick. Case #CVPI 14-1084.
2. We’re not seeing businesses burned down due to things like the Grand Jury decision in Ferguson not to indict Darren Wilson for the death of Michael Brown. Although we’re probably going to see some Grand Jury complaints submitted connected to the BlackHawk Pistol story (Published September 29, 2014) involving Dave Egan and Sheriff’s Detective Bob Barber.
3. Newcastle, Pennsylvania residents are complaining about their air smelling like cat urine coming from their sewage treatment plant. We don’t have that problem nearly as often since spending and encumbering our ratepayers to the tune of $44 million which put the city in default of the SRF Loan.
4. Be grateful for your life. If you have a roof over your head, food to eat, clean air and water to breathe that’s put you in the very lucky position of having 4 out of 4; whereas about a 1,000 of our locals are homeless and haven’t got a roof over their heads or a steady supply of daily food, but still 2 out of 4.
5. Living in a place with an abundance of natural beauty. Few other places on earth offer you the redwoods and the ocean.
It is not happy people who are thankful.
It is thankful people who are happy.