By Donna Westfall
DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE VIDEO YOU ARE ABOUT TO WATCH
OF THE SWAT-style raid on Dave Egan August 18, 2011
To the viewers of this video.
Before watching this video, please read and be aware of the following:
Per Del Norte County Auditor/Controller, Clinton Schaad, $13,821.28 has been spent on 43 cameras for the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department since 2010.[cincopa AIKASJtT1iuQ]
It is our conclusion that this video is highly edited, of extremely poor quality, most of the footage deleted and the majority of the civil rights violations and atrocities committed against Dave Egan, a county resident, on August 18, 2011 are missing.
Detective Bob Barber, formerly of the Del Norte Sheriff’s department, was responsible for obtaining a warrant based on bogus information supposedly to find a stolen BlackHawk Pistol worth about $350. He and his fellow deputies wore cameras, but may have switched them off which could explain why this video is only 1 minute and 20 seconds when they were at Egan’s house for nearly 7 hours. Or, someone at the County level decided that the public has no right to view the footage contained in the video’s.
As you watch, notice the date and time stamp on the bottom right hand corner. The seconds have been eliminated from the time. The time starts at 15.45 and goes to 15.46 and then stops. That translates to 3:45 in the afternoon. Dave says, “About 20 officers arrived at my home, bashed in my door, drew weapons on me around 8:30 or 9 in the morning and they were there for hours.”
While you have watched comparable video’s on TV or on the internet and may have become immune to the cruelty and civil rights violations that occur every day in our country by law enforcement, this video is specifically about one of our own, a local that has lived here for nearly 2 decades.
As a resident, you can request information from the Sheriff’s Department under the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et seq.) and the California Constitution, as amended by passage of Proposition 59 on November 2, 2004 for the names of all of the officers that participated in the raid. You can help stop the stealing, illegal acts and civil rights violations of those still getting paid to “protect us” by notifying the following:
- Sheriff Apperson. Tell him that you don’t want your tax dollars spent to support those specific officers anymore. Sheriff Apperson’s telephone # is 707 464 4191. His email address is: email@example.com.
- DA Dale Trigg at telephone # 707 464 7210. His email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell him that you think those officers should be prosecuted for theft tantamount to armed robbery, and civil rights violations including Bob Barber who abruptly left the state when Apperson was elected.
- Your County Supervisor’s need to know: Cal (707) 464 7204 or email at:
- District 1: Roger Gitlin – email@example.com
- District 2: Martha McClure – firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 3: Chris Howard – email@example.com
- District 4: Gerry Hemmingsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 5: Davis Finigan: email@example.com