By Donna Westfall – February 4, 2019 –
Huffman and Wood represent me and others like me. Here’s the problem. They act like they only represent Democrats.
I don’t plan on attending this town hall meeting in Eureka. But, for those of you that want to have some input, may I suggest you mention a few things like:
- Why are our gas prices and taxes so high compared to the rest of the union and our roads so bad? 50 years of collecting gas taxes and still bad roads. Doesn’t make sense. Were funds borrowed and never put back?
- Why is our public education so bad compared to the rest of the union, the majority of teachers Democrats, the curriculum predominantly by Democrats and the teachers union so strong which is also predominantly Democrats?
- Why are you so disrespectful to our President when you state you represent all of us not just Democrats?
- Why do you support open borders and Sanctuary State when we have so many homeless people in our State and it looks like you want to help illegal immigrants instead of our own citizens and residents first and foremost?
- What are you doing to stem the tide of people and businesses moving out of California?
- Conversely what are you doing to attract new businesses to our state in order to create more jobs?
Here’s his pitch:
Please join me and special guest Assemblymember Jim Wood for a town hall at St. Bernard’s Academy on Thursday, February 21st at 5:30 PM. We will discuss the impacts of the government shutdown, talk about our shared priorities for California’s North Coast, and discuss the President’s 2019 State of The Union Address. I am glad to represent you in Congress and look forward to seeing you there.
When: Thursday, February 21st, 2019
Time: 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Where: St. Bernard’s Academy, 222 Dollison Street Eureka, CA 95501. Please click here for a map.
This event is free and open to the public. Please click here to register. Seating is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis up to capacity.
Hope to see you there,
Congressman Jared Huffman