By Donna Westfall – January 5, 2023
Parents, Grandparents and interested parties; familiarize yourself with those serving on the School Board:
DNUSD Board Goals
- -Increase Student Achievement on Local and State Assessments
- -Improve School Climate for All Students, Parents, and Staff Members
- -Increase Student and Family Engagement in Schools and the District
- -Strengthen the Culture of Collaboration Between and Among Staff and the Community
- -Maintain Fiscal Solvency
During the candidates forum held last October, the issue of Food security was discussed:
Points made: More access to fresher foods in Crescent City rather than the outlying schools. Margaret Keating lacks infrastructure to prepare food on site because everything is outdated.
JAPAN’s school and nutrition program is part of their child’s early education. Kids help serve one another. Some schools do not have janitors as children are taught to pick up after themselves.
Japan’s life expectancy is among the highest in the world while their obesity rates are among the lowest.
At Crescent Elk Elementary school, they raise crops. Do any of their fresh fruits and vegetables make it in school lunches?