Submitted by Live Action
Ex-employees reveal Planned Parenthood’s poor standard of care
Washington, D.C. (February 14, 2017) – Today, Live Action released video testimonials from former Planned Parenthood managers exposing the chain’s lack of authentic health services for women and a business model focused on abortions at the expense of these other services.
The managers describe how Planned Parenthood pushed “harder and harder” for more clients, cutting doctor-patient visit times – sometimes in half. As the testimonies reveal, women are “treated like cattle” and “herded through” Planned Parenthood. The managers point out that despite the abortion giant’s claims, it never offered mammograms and offers almost no support to pregnant moms.
The two new videos, “Managers reveal Planned Parenthood is not real health care” and “Planned Parenthood ‘treated women like cattle’” are the latest videos in Live Action’s investigative series “Abortion Corporation.” “Abortion Corporation” reveals Planned Parenthood as a profit-focused, abortion business that fails to prioritize women’s health care.
Live Action is releasing this investigative series as Congress plans to redirect over $400 million in Medicaid funding away from Planned Parenthood to thousands of federally qualified local health clinics and as the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act makes its way to the Senate.
Former Sherman, TX, Planned Parenthood manager Ramona Treviño explained how she often felt helpless by the limited services Planned Parenthood offered women and how poorly women were treated:
- “Planned Parenthood treated women like cattle.”
- “There was no prenatal care, there was nothing we could offer women who were pregnant.”
- “You go in with the perception that Planned Parenthood is there to help women in any situation, not just when they’re wanting an abortion…I really went in believing we were just like a gynecologist, then you realize, as time goes by, that you’re not.”
Former Storm Lake, IA, Planned Parenthood manager Sue Thayer described how women are the first victims of Planned Parenthood’s abortion-first business model:
- “Over the years I worked there, the mission statement came down. Up went abortion goals and all the other goals we were required to meet. The nurse practitioner that had been there four days a week was now there two hours a week, but we were still seeing the same amount of clients. It felt wrong.”
- “Women were just herded through.”
- “It is definitely not someplace that I would want to see my daughters go. I wouldn’t want them to have care like that. I don’t think that’s care; that’s not health care.”
Lila Rose, founder and president of Live Action, commented on the videos, stating, “There is no more room for deception. The record becomes clearer each week that we release a new report: Planned Parenthood’s focus is not women’s health care, but abortion. Planned Parenthood’s business model turns away women seeking options besides abortion and prioritizes the destruction of preborn lives for the sake of profit. Not only have Live Action’s investigative videos proven it, but Planned Parenthood’s own former employees have said so.
“When lawmakers watch these videos, they should be deeply concerned at the treatment of women at Planned Parenthood. It’s time to redirect Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer funding to more worthy local health clinics that aren’t in the abortion business but that instead provide holistic health care to women,” Rose said.