By Donna Westfall – August 4, 2022 – picture credit to Sciencephoto.com
Ah oh….. Gov is at it again. “STATE OF EMERGENCY”.
Monkeypox – They report 800 cases in California.. Can that really be true?
Let’s see. First of all, it’s spreading mostly through skin-to-skin contact among men who have sex with men. Creating a state of emergency usually means Newsom wants taxpayers to foot the bill.
Next, depending on which website you research, there are:
More than 19,000 cases in 76 countries
As of August 3rd, CDC reports about 5,800 cases throughout the USA.
On July 7th – 116 cases
But on August 2nd:
400 in LA County
368 in San Francisco
63 in Alameda
50 in Sacramento and it goes down from there.
Symptoms of monkeypox can include:
- Muscle aches and backache
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Respiratory symptoms (e.g. sore throat, nasal congestion, or cough)
- A rash that may be located on or near the genitals (penis, testicles, labia, and vagina) or anus (butthole) but could also be on other areas like the hands, feet, chest, face, or mouth.
- The rash will go through several stages, including scabs, before healing.
- The rash can look like pimples or blisters and may be painful or itchy.
- Usually it starts with a rash.
Is death common due to Monkeypox?
Not usually. 1 case in Brazil – a man with lymphoma. 2 cases in Spain. 5 in Nigeria and 1 in Ghana.
Is there a vaccine?
No. Antiviral drugs and smallpox vaccines may work. They don’t know.
If you get it what do you do?
Isolate. It can last 2-4 weeks and may be contagious during that time.