By Roger Gitlin – EYE ON DEL NORTE – January 10, 2022
The filing period to run for elective office commences Feb.14.
If you’ve been thinking about running for Office now is the time to consider filing papers in the Clerk/ Registrar’s Office.
The Primary election is the first Tuesday of June. In the next few weeks, EYE ON DEL NORTE will be posting candidate interviews. All the incumbents for the following Offices have indicated they intend to seek re-election.
* Alissia Northup: County Clerk-Recorder/ Registrar of Voters.
* Barbara Lopez: Treasurer-Tax Collector
* Clinton Shaad: Auditor-Contoller
* Jennifer Perry: County Assessor
* Randy Waltz: Sheriff-Coroner
Each of the above incumbents will be interviewed by Eye on Del Norte. The other Offices include candidates for Del Norte County Board of Supervisors; Districts .3 and 4 and the County Office of Education. Those candidates will be evaluated after the filing period has expired.