I was born and raised in Del Norte County. I learned my work ethic from my mom and dad Ace and Jan Hartwick. They always told me “if you work hard enough it will happen”. I have taken this with me throughout my life. I have two amazing daughters that live locally. I hope to make changes in Del Norte County that will impact their lives and my grandchildren’s quality of life..
I am currently the Assistant Director of the Yurok Economic Development Corporation. I am running for the 5th District for Board of Supervisors. Not only do I carry with me my experience as a past local motel owner, restaurant manager and the past 6 years as the Economic Development Assistant Director of the Yurok Tribe but I have also held various volunteer positions within Del Norte County also:
- Project Finance Manager and Fundraising Chairman for the building of the Del Norte Senior Center and the Board of Directors – 4 years
- Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors – 8 years
- Economic Development Committee, Marketing & Tourism Committee chairman – 8 years
- Treasurer of the Chamber of Commerce – 4 years
- Founder and President of Hotel Motel Association – 4 years
- Del Norte High School Drill Team Coach- 30 years
- Jaycees basketball committee 33 years and cheer competition coordinator -17 years
Del Norte County’s Economic Development has been stagnant for years. I feel I can bring together the County and the local Tribes to start working together on projects. I will be working diligently on last chance grade, critical care hospital and Economic Development.
Please vote for me for 5th District Supervisor this coming June
Thank you for your consideration