By Donna Westfall – September 2, 2017
If you love quilts and love dogs, you could be the winner of a one-of-a-kind quilt; an adorable cat underneath the dog’s ear. Every dollar goes to the spay and neuter of homeless dogs at the local shelter! Stop by and see this beautiful hand painted, hand quilted wall hanging donated by a local artist
Tickets are on sale at Aunt Julie’s Grooming, Del Norte Animal Control and Doggy Olympics. $1 each or 6 for $5.00
The quilt is an original design by Christine Bryden, made this year. The drawing will be held on September 16th, You need not be present to win.
If you have any questions, call Del Norte Animal Control at (707) 464 7235. They are located at 2650 W. Washington Blvd., Crescent City, Ca. and open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
By the way, look over their Spring/Summer 2017 WISH LIST:
- Large Dog Flea Treatments (Topical or Oral)
- Dog Food or treats (meat as the first ingredient, no food products with artificial colors)
- Gift cards from Home Depot, Ace Hardware or WalMart
- Leashes (everything from high quality leashes for our walker’s to use to dollar store leashes for us to send with adoptions.
Other Stuff Needed:
- Yard tools (especially a wheelbarrow and leaf rake)
- Small tools (specially pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers)
- Pill pockets
- Poop bags
- Tarps (at least 8 x 10)
- Bungee Cords/Zip Ties
- Heavy Gauge wire
- Bleach/Dish soap
- Medium and large plastic storage containers (one that close tightly are preferred)
- Shade canopies
- Dog kennels or enclosure
- Puppy pads
- Kongs (dog toys and treats – large and extra large)
- Tough dog toys (ones that squeak)
- Tennis balls (well used is fine)
Sometimes they can use leftover building/construction materials; extra fencing, wire, plywood, lumber and other such supplies.
Lastly, pups are always looking for more people to come out to walk or play with them until they find their forever home!